Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 10- Antiparos


Day 10 (6/15)- 
Today was the group trip to Antiparos, we started out at 10:30 am and took a short bus ride to the ferry that took us to the island. The ferry was about 10 minutes since Antiparos is so close to Paros Island. We then proceeded to take another short bus trip up into the hills to visit one of the caves on the island, that holds some of the oldest stalagmites in Europe. I took 411 steps deep into an ancient cave, took some cool pictures, and then took those same 411 steps out as fast as possible (caves kinda creep me out). It amazed me how explorers went into these caves simply with ropes and torches. Some of the signatures on the walls date back to the 1700s, one being from 1776! After the whole group was out of the cave, we went and had lunch at a beach restaurant (I had pork chops and french fries, yummy!). 
After the meal the group took a small boat out into the ocean and saw some really sweet caves and arches. The water is absolutely amazing, and is Caribbean blue, and so warm which is perfect for swimming. I jumped off the boat with all my friends and swam in the Aegean sea, and explored the beautiful caves.
All in all, this was another great day! I also had a great skype conversation with my friend Allison :) :) Its nice to be able to talk to my friends from back home, and share all of my great stories with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment