Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Santorini Trip


Day 13- Gosh! Today was awesome!! We got up and walked down to the port where the boat tour was leaving from and let me say the boat was pretty cool! We headed to the volcanic island and hiked up to the top. It is amazing that this volcano erupted and was 40 times more powerful than Krakatoa! I could just feel the power of the volcano under my feet, and it was another awesome hike.  After hiking we took the boat to the hot springs, which are on one of the other small islands that surround Santorini, the ocean was sooo cold when you first jump in but the hot springs were very refreshing (even though the Iron oxide in the water kind of turned the liner in my bathing suit and unattractive shade of rust. The swim back to the boat was also very cold, but very refreshing, I’m very glad I decided to take the swim to the hot springs and not stay on the boat. We stopped in a small port to have lunch, I just got a gyro and an ice cream cone. Hopped back on the boat and ended the day in Oia, which is absolutely breathtaking! This is where my day got awesome, I rode a donkey up the mountain side in Greece! One more thing off my bucket list :) We wandered arong Oia, went to a really cool bookstore, and did some shopping. Oia is the picture I had in my head of what Greece would look like when I came here, and I got some amazing pictures. 
Day 14- Today is just a travel day, but before we leave we went to a small art museum in Thira. It was so cool to see all of the ancient pottery that is amazingly preserved and the paintings on them is awesome. We did some more shopping and had lunch before hopping on the ferry back to my home away from home (Paros) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment